I love mushrooms! There are so many health benefits to them and they taste A-W-E-S-O-M-E. We tried a new recipe a couple of weeks ago and would like to share it with you. If you follow the recipe below, it should serve 4 hungry vegetarian wolves. =p
- 15g mixed dried mushrooms
- 750ml good vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 175g risotto rice
- 4tbsp dry white wine or vermouth (I added loads more!)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 large flat mushrooms, halved or sliced
2. In a separate pan, melt the butter and add the onion. Cook over medium heat till it turns soft.
3. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes, coating with the butter and onions. Pour in the wine and stir till evaporated. Add the stock to the rice.
4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat and briskly fry the fresh mushrooms until golden. Keep warm.
5. Remove the dried mushrooms from their bowl. Strain their soaking liquid and add it to the rice along with the soaked mushrooms. Cook away the excess liquid. By now, the rice should be cooked but not mushy.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the rice and garnish with parsley.
Ready to serve!!! Hope you enjoy it! 🙂