I love cooking but I love adapting recipes more than anything else. Today I made chilli burgers for dinner and would like to share with you my recipe.
Ingredients for 2-4 people
- 250g of minced beef
- 3 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 small bread roll
- 1 large egg for mixture
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2-4 slices of Gouda cheese (you can use whatever cheese you fancy, really)
- Half an onion, diced
- 2-4 eggs for sunny side up (optional)
- Soak a small bread roll in room temperature water for 10 mins. After soaking, remove as much water as you can and set it aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in frying pan and cook diced onions till transparent.
- Mix the paprika, black pepper, bread roll, egg, minced beef, red chilli and cooked onions in a large mixing bowl. Make sure that the onions have cooled before mixing them together!
- Divide the mixture into 4 balls and flatten them into burger patties.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in frying pan and slowly place patties in it.
- Cook patties for approximately 10-12 minutes, flipping them over when necessary.
- Place the cheese slices on top of the patties in the frying pan to melt them slightly.
- Serve them with burger buns if you like, but I used muffins this time round.
- Fry some sunny side up eggs if you like.
Tadah! Homemade Chilli Cheese Burger with Sunny Side Up!!!
We didn’t really plan to make this today so I came up with this random recipe based on what I have in the fridge. To make sure you have your five a day, you might want to add some salad to the side but that is of course entirely up to you. Alternatively you might want to serve it with some homemade chips (I promise I’ll blog about it when I stop burning them in the oven!).
Here are shots of us with the burgers.
I don’t use any salt in my cooking as I prefer using herbs and spices. Plus I reckon it is also a lot healthier since food we eat in restaurants usually have tonnes of salt in them. Perhaps I’m already used to the taste of salt-less food so I usually complain about food elsewhere being too salty. But then again, do not hesitate to add salt to this recipe if you fancy it! 🙂
If you do try this recipe or adapt it, do let me know how it goes and what you’ve changed to make it better! I would love to know how to make burgers more delicious!