Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you’re all enjoying a good, relaxing day so far. Let’s recharge ourselves for the week ahead with a beef risotto recipe! Daniel got this recipe from his mum some years ago and he made it for me on my birthday last week. It was yummilicious!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
200g lean beef mince
1/2 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
125g risotto rice
250ml beef stock
200g chopped tomatoes
1. In a large frying pan, add a little oil and heat on high. Brown the beef mince then turn the heat down to medium.
2. Add the onion & the carrot, then cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Prepare the stock:
– boil water
– add stock cube to jug, add 250ml of water, stirring as you go
4. Add dry rice to beef & mix.
5. Add stock to beef & mix, then turn heat down a little more. Add tomatoes & black pepper, stir in. Turn heat to high and bring to boil.
6. When boiling, turn heat down to low and put lid on pan. Time for 15 mins, then serve.
Birgit, this post is specially for you! Have a lovely Sunday!