Did you know that if you were to use the amount of Nutella consumed in a year as clay, you can build Big Ben 22,000 times? Nutella UK says so, and I think that’s pretty amazing! Big Ben that tastes and smells like Nutella…yummmmm!!!!
On Saturday evening, I wanted something sweet and easy to make for dinner so I made myself a Nutella and Banana Sandwich based on a recipe from Food Network.
2 slices of wholemeal bread
1 banana, thinly sliced
2 tsp sugar mix with 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Melt some butter in a pan and place the slices of bread in it.
2. Sprinkle half teaspoon of the sugar and cinnamon mixture on one side of the bread and flip over. Brown it slightly on medium heat. Make sure it doesn’t burn! Repeat on the other side of the bread.
3. Remove bread from pan and spread Nutella on them.
4. Place thinly sliced banana between the two pieces of bread.
5. Serve warm with strawberries on the side.
I enjoyed the wondrous mixture of sugar and cinnamon on the bread! It reminded me slightly of sweet cinnamon buns which I love. As the sugar-cinnamon mixture melted in the pan and was absorbed by the bread, the kitchen smelt like I was baking gourmet buns! Even Daniel who isn’t a big fan of cinnamon liked the sweet, tangy aroma.
The Nutella was obviously rich and creamy, much to my liking! A combination of my favourite spread and two of my favourite fruits definitely did make me feel like heaven is a place on earth.
Simply love easy dinner recipes like this one, especially on a lazy Saturday night.